Headlight & Light System
- Headlight prims are non-scripted and keywords activated, unlike the brake light or turning indicators.
- Add the keyword light to your headlight element prim(s) and reboot the vehicle so it will scan and detect them.
- Once it light prims are detected, the light switch will appear in the menu.
- The master light settings are edited at the top of the Root Menu script. These are activated in all light prims.
- Turning on the light system also turns prims with the keywords panel to full bright, for control panels or decorative purposes.
- The lights can be set to turn on/off automatically with the vehicle by enabling the AutoLights feature from the vehicle menu.
- If you need the headlight switch to activate something else, like a sound or particle routine, you can customize the full permission LightSystem script included in the Additional Scripts box, and place that in any prim in the build.
- There's a secondary lighting system that can be used for a light beam prim or even ground effects lighting
Adjusting the headlight values in v5:
Light values are changed at the top of the Root Menu Script starting approximately line 30:
//LIGHT Settings. vector LightColor = <1.0, 1.0, 1.0>;//<1.0, 1.0, 1.0>// 0.0 to 1.0 vector LightIRF = <1.0,5.0,0.0>;//Default <1.0,5.0,0.0>, Light Intensity (0.0 - 1.0), Light Radius (0.1 - 20.0), Light Falloff (0.1 - 2.0). float Glow_Level = 0.05; // 0.05 // 0.0 to 1.0 GLOW level for "light" prims, "beam" prims, indicators & brake light.
About LSL Color Vectors